The success of making sponge cake largely depends on the amount of air whisked into the mixture. There is no fixed time for beating the sponge cake mix and eggs. It depends on the type of cake mixer used. If using small cake mixer, it is better to use cold eggs and cold water from the fridge for easy rising.
Oven: Preheat oven for 15 minutes before baking
250g sponge cake mix flour
4 tbsp water
4 tbsp melted butter/corn oil
1. Put sponge cake mix flour and eggs into a mixing bowl.
2. Use low speed to mix into smooth batter.
3. Increase to high speed and beat batter until white and creamy.
4. Add water and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
5. To Test, use mixture to drip into a "O" shape and it can keep the shape for 10 seconds.
6. Use a plastic spatula and mix in the melted butter in ONE DIRECTION until well-combined.
DONT over-mix the mixture . If mixture starts to break up and turns watery, it means air bubbles have broken up and the cake texture will be coarse and hard.
7. Pour the mixture into a lined and greased baking tin, bake in a pre-heated oven at 180degC for 30 to35 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
8. Remove and leave to cool.
Add 1 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water for Mocha Sponge Cake.
Add 1 tbsp thick pandan juice for Pandan Sponge Cake.
Add 1 tbsp Orange juice and 1 tsp grated orange rind to make Orange Sponge Cake.
All the flavours are added in the last after butter.