100g caster sugar
120g plain flour, sifted
3tbsp melted butter
1. Put the eggs into a mixing bowl.
2. Use high speed to whisk until frothy. Add in sugar slowly.
3. Whisk mixture until very light and fluffy, test by dripping mixture into a "O" shape. Continue to use slow speed to beat for another 3 - 5 minutes until mixture is very fine and smooth.
4. Divide flour into 3 portions and sift flour onto the egg mixture.
5. Fold flour lightly into egg mixture in ONE direction.
6. Lightly mix in the butter in ONE direction, do not over-mix.
7. Pour into a lined and greased baking tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180deg C for 30 - 35 minutes until cooked and golden brown.
8. Remove and leave to cool.